I thought that it would be nice to show you where we stayed in Horsham, just south of London. We stayed with a wonderful woman named Muriel. She is on the far right in this picture. The other two in it are her son, Robert and her daughter-in-law, Karen. They were wonderful to us on our trip!

Here is a look at Muriel's house and her garden. The flowers are pictures that I took from her garden. They are so beautiful. These people sure do love their gardens!!






This will begin my section of the classic London pictures. No surprises.
A doubledecker bus

The Underground sign

Scotty and me acting silly in a red phone booth


Now will begin my random things I saw in London segment. It is not too exciting, but there will be more coming from North Yorkshire.
Here is the truth, printed plainly, yet the pack is empty!!

Here are the protesters of war that I mentioned earlier. There were actually singers in this square at one point singing and talking about war. They were not quite in their right minds I do not think. Very interesting... we walked by quickly.

This building is actually called the Gherkin. They seem to be quite proud of it. There was another building very similar to it but more like an egg nearby.

Honesty is the best policy. (This was right outside my beloved Starbucks... we didn't see it until we were moving on.)

A documentary or something was being shot near the Tower of London. I thought that this was interesting. Something not seen lying around in Fairhope.

*Totally random piece of information* I have discovered that I love this candy bar. It is chocolate covered mint stuff. There are holes all in it like bubbles making it fairly light. It is absolutely wonderful and I think that they should bring this to the states!! If you're ever in England and you like chocolate and mint, be sure to get one... it will brighten your day!!

*Totally random piece of information 2* Did you know that computer keyboards were a bit different overseas? Well, they are, making this whole typing thing just a wee bit more difficult for me. The shift button on the left side is half the size of ours as well as the enter key. The @ is above the shift key on the right next to the : and ; keys instead of above the 2. I know that this seems like nothing, but it sure does cause you to have to adjust some things!!!

1 comment:
A very interesting place to visit, glad you are having fun!
Post a Comment