Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sixth Grade Dances... what more should I say?

Most recently we had a Sock Hop. I was somehow put in charge of organizing and planning it. I often am put in charge and I never know how I got there! In the end, it turned out to be a wonderful event. I made a poodle skirt that really had a Scottish terrier on it for Scotty because I am that cheesy!! I didn't get to take many pictures during the dance because I was the photographer for group pictures as well. We had a hoola hoop, jump rope, and limbo contest. We also did a whole group hand jive! It was great!!





Before that we had a Roaring 20s dance. It was also a blast!! The costumes were wonderful, and yes, I did dress up like a flapper. I will have to find a picture with me in it soon. It was our first dance and it was hilarious to see how 6th graders don't really dance! They were awkward and cute though!






It has been so much fun so far and we still have one to go!




2 comments:

Jennifer Werneth said...

ok...awesome!!! you just let me know when you tackle the 80's. i can rock some m.c. hammer pants like nobody:)

Scotty & Lisa said...

Hilarious Jennifer!! The 60s are next!! I need to tie dye something soon!!