Friday, August 7, 2009

Crafty or Crazy?!?

As you know, I am jobless! Well, teaching-jobless. I am really kind of battling a small bit of depression. I have never felt more useless in my entire life. It is miserable. I go from terrible to happy to okay to more terrible feeling than I was before. It sucks... there's really no other way to put it. Yes, I know, rough language for me!

So... to combat my depression and feelings of uselessness I have started making and coming up with many varied and unusual craft projects. Maybe I should just do that full time! I wish that I could. However, craft projects take money and money is what I am not making!! So, I have started asking myself: Am I super crafty or am I just crazy? You decide.

Here are some pictures of my latest little projects:

These are the cards that I made for Emily for her birthday.

I decided to do some etching on these bottles and here are the results. It is much easier than you think.

Then I decided to practice some sewing so I made these bib and burp cloth sets. I learned to applique kind of...

This is an on-going project... the tissue paper flowers. The coral one is my favorite so far.


And then... random... Scotty brought home a cardboard cut-out of his friend Mark from NOAC. It looks too real and freaks me out everytime I look into the kitchen!! I think I've decided that he will be my friend, someone to vent to when I'm there alone! He's a good listener!

3 comments:

Emily Chappell said...

i LOVE all the crafts!!! and am super impressed. I watched Martha etch an aquarium the other day...I like the bottles better.

And i LOVE the sewing. I will hire you to make some stuff. I am getting my list ready.

Emily Chappell said...

P.S. Will you teach me how to do the appliques? My attempt was miserable and flawed.

Anonymous said...

Girl, I know EXACTLY how you feel. We moved to Muscle Shoals in January because Kyle got a full-time youth minister job. So, I'm here again in AL where they do not hire teachers right now. I'm working at a photography studio in the meantime, but it is killing me to see all these people going back to school Monday and decorating their classrooms and I don't get to do that this year. On a non-complaining note, your crafts are great!! Adorable.