My mood has improved drastically since the last post. For a while I could not talk about the job situation without crying... sorry Jason, Lucy, and Emily! I am very glad to say that I am now past that point. God is good! I am feeling confident in the fact that Scotty and I will be fine regardless of what happens with my job. I am getting past the feeling of failure that came along with the news. There is a definite possibility that I could get rehired before the school year starts back, which would be wonderful. However, I will continue to pray that God's will be done and that I am satisfied with that. I am learning to look at it all as an adventure... God is good and His plans for me are good as well!
About school... overwhelming doesn't begin to describe the past week and the week to come. It has been so full! I had a field trip to the Fairhope police station, the city museum, and the bay/Pelican's Nest. It was absolutely wonderful and I could not have asked my kids to behave better than they did. I am so thankful for them. Next came the talent show try-outs. If I never have to hear a fourth grader sing a Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, or Jonas Brothers song, it will be too soon! And the dancing... oh, the dancing! Remind me to describe to you "rap dancing" sometime! I ended the week with Field Day... a wonderful day of water games, snacks, and sunburn!
This week starts with the Presidential Academic Excellence Awards ceremony! I am so proud of my kids who are receiving this award! Then we have yet another field trip to Fort Morgan and the beach! Tuesday night is the banquet for the awards. It is such fun to see all the kids dressed up in their fanciest attire for the big night!!
I am very much looking forward to Wednesday when this is all over! Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:
Glad to read you are feeling better. I had coffee w/ Mrs. Coody after the awards ceremony this am. If you guys don't get hired back it is definately FIS's loss. {And the kids} But I know that HE has better plans for you. And maybe it's just a lesson in faith and patience right now!! Look forward to the banquet tomorrow night. Riley is quite bummed that he has to wear his khaki pants. "WHAT?! No shorts?"
I love it!!
My boys had the same reaction... you know life is tough when wearing pants is your biggest burden!
Post a Comment