Monday, April 20, 2009

They're back...

Today was the beginning of the end. I'm always curious to see how kids will do after Spring Break and how many will show up... It was actually quite good. Only a few were grouchy from lack of sleep or just lack of spirit. Some had the back-to-school blues and just didn't want to be there. With only 24 school days left, I am almost sad to see it end.
I have had a college student observing me all year (2 or 3 days a week) and this is her last week. She is teaching social studies this week and is so nervous. She has absolutely no reason to be! I have been honored to have her in my class all year and, at the same time, confused as to why she was assigned to watch me. It has been so fun to watch someone else fall in love with my wonderful students. Kids are like that. No matter how difficult they are at times, you just completely love them!
Here is a class picture and some random shots from our math hunt (Easter egg hunt in disguise)! Aren't they precious?
(I have no children of my own to brag about, so I'll use the 26 that I borrow each day)

No comments: