Monday, July 7, 2008

The Lake District

We decided that it would be nice to drive UJ through the Lake District. Well, we didn't get very far... it was a rough day. Here are some pictures of the trip from the car.

Mr. Keenan... these are just for you. When we stopped on the side of the road to eat lunch, the rescue choppers had to come get a hiker, I suppose, from the mountainside. I thought that you would like these pictures!!


This is the Ulswater. It is a beautiful lake and the mountains are gorgeous. This is the largest lake that I have ever seen in real life. There is so much going on there also. Kayaking, canoeing, windsurfing, steamboats, etc. It is a real hub of activity.
A cute little bird. Scotty won't let me forget that I cut its tail off in the photo!!
Foxgloves... these are some of Scotty's favorites and they are beautiful. They were growing wild all over the Lake District, as well as little white daisies.
God is amazing!!

These are some of the giant windmills in Sedburgh. You can see them from the M6 (like our interstate). They were huge!!


2 comments:

Mental Notez said...

Yes, God is amazing! Beautiful photos!

Scotty & Lisa said...

Thank you!!